Ancient Hoi An city opens more streets for pedestrians - Vietnam classic tours
Authorities of the ancient city of Hoi An have decided to open five more streets for pedestrians and non-engined vehicles from April 12 as part of efforts to attract more holiday-makers to the locality. the best vietnam classic tour
Accordingly, the areas include Tran Phu, Nguyen Hue, and Cong Nu Ngoc Hoa streets, the road from Tran Phu street to the Nguyen Hue-Phan Chau Trinh intersection, and the road along Hoai River.
The walking spaces will be closed to traffic from 9am-11 am; and from 3pm-9.30 pm in the rain season, and to 10pm in the dry season.
According to Vice Chairman of the municipal People’s Committee Nguyen Van Son, apart from expanding walking spaces, many cultural and amusement activities like folk games, food markets, art performances will be arranged in the streets, contributing to ease the crowding of tourists in existing pedestrian areas
Since 2004, Hoi An has earmarked several streets for pedestrians and non-engined vehicles to reduce noise and ensure people's safety.
Located in the central province of Quang Nam, Hoi An - an UNESCO heritage site, has many temples, pagodas and old houses. The ancient city was a leading trading port in Southeast Asia in the 17th and 18th centuries.
The city plans to promote the use of bicycles among public agencies and local residents, with a goal of 100,000 local bicycles in use.
Most foreign tourists use bicycles while touring the city, beaches and villages during their visits to Hoi An.
The city’s Hoai River and its channels made the list of the 10 most famous canals in the world on the US-based travel website touropia.com in 2014.
Hoi An was chosen for the 2013 Townscape Award by the UN-Habitat Regional Office in Asia. It was also listed among the top 10 Asian cities in US magazine Conde Nast Traveler’s Readers Choice Awards in 2012.
- COME AND MEET US AT ITB BERLIN 2019 FROM 6 TO 10 MARCH 2019 AT STAND 313, HALL 26C
- Quang Nam welcomes UNESCO status for Bai Choi singing 2018
- World Travel Mart 2018 in London
- Northwest cuisine festival kicks off in Lao Cai 2017
- Asia silk festival to take place in Hoi An 2017 - Vietnam tour operator
- India supports My Son heritage site restoration 2017
- Hue to hold hot air balloon festival 2017
- Ninh Binh Province: Legendary land in “Kong: Skull Island”
- Picture of 'Kong travel around Vietnam'
- Halong Bay Cruise