India supports My Son heritage site restoration 2017
India supports My Son heritage site restoration
Indian and Vietnamese experts have started the excavation and restoration of two tower clusters of My Son Sanctuary, a UNESCO World Heritage Site in the central province of Quang Nam. The restoration is expected to preserve the core values of each ancient tower in the complex.
The restoration project has a total cost of more than 2.7 million USD, of which the Indian government funded 2.3 million USD.
The work is expected to take several stages in the next five years.
During the excavation, experts discovered numerous valuable objects, such as a sphinx statue, terracotta materials from the 11th century, as well as two tunnels which are believed to have been for high-ranking dignitaries to use in ceremonies.
Maintaining core values of ancient towers in the My Son Sanctuary complex has been implemented throughout the restoration process.
Source : VNC
- Northwest cuisine festival kicks off in Lao Cai 2017
- Asia silk festival to take place in Hoi An 2017 - Vietnam tour operator
- Hue to hold hot air balloon festival 2017
- Ancient Hoi An city opens more streets for pedestrians - Vietnam classic tours
- Ninh Binh Province: Legendary land in “Kong: Skull Island”
- Picture of 'Kong travel around Vietnam'
- Halong Bay Cruise
- Mekong River Cruise
- Saigon River Cruise
- Vietnam City Tour